Wednesday 2 November 2011

Words of doom

I'm a shocker at finding plots.  Dialogue I can do.  Plots, not so much.

In the spirit of "what the hell" that overcame me when I signed up for NaNoWriMo, and in the absence of any better ideas, I've gone with an old staple to give myself a plot.  And a genre.  And characters.  Dice.  What else?

Most helpfully, ckutalik over at Hill Cantons has a lovely set of random adventure title generating charts.  I used them once before to create the epic adventurette, Against the Hawk Giant so I've got a certain faith in them. 

Here are the rolls:

1d10=1.

Promising so far.  "Search for the [place chart] of [adjective chart] [being chart]

1d12=8

"Search for the Undercity of the [adjective] [being]"

1d12=5
"Search for the Undercity of the Forgotten [being]"


1d12=8 (again)

"Search for the Undercity of the Forgotten Demon"

Hmmm.  So, by my own rules, I now need to incorporate this into my story.  Sometimes I do very dumb things in an effort to make my own life easier.

1 comment: