I'm feeling all British and shy.
If I've got this right, the acceptance speech is supposed to be seven fun factoids about myself. I also need to pass this on to other people, which seems only right - although quite how the hardcore gamer types who make up 50% of my reading list will feel about being called "Irresistibly Sweet" is amusing me. That part may take a little longer, but I shall pass on the sweetness with pleasure.
Bleary eyed as I am, this is what you get for the seven fun factoids.
- I bake like a demon. You possibly already guessed this from the recent cake postage.
- I have a not very secret passion for penguins.
- Against my expectations, I'm really enjoying Rick Riordan's myth books.
- I love walking around barefoot and this bewilders my family horribly.
- Despite my on/off relationship with technology, I am a dab hand at finding things on the internet. This house, some fine holidays, fake ducks.
- I love and follow flat racing.
- Learning to type took ages. My mother sent me on a "learn at 30wpm in a week or get a free week" course just after I graduated. Three free weeks later, they chucked me out at 29wpm.