Tuesday 13 September 2011

Floors - and why I hate buying stuff.

Following the hideous discovery of chipboard under the leaking loo last week - which is both too much information and too much alliteration - we now have a floor in the upstairs bathroom.

Said floor is flat and firm and will support the weight of a bath.  It is also naked.  I therefore need to find a tape measure, get some figures and head down to the local carpet and lino shop to buy something for it to wear.

Inevitably, this will be accompanied by a lot of technical questions which I won't understand as enormous patronising men in overalls try to explain why I want something I never knew I needed.  This will leave me feeling insecure and grumpy.  Shopping often has this effect on me, which is why I do as much as possible online.


No comments:

Post a Comment