- You will not let me thread you.
- If you do let me thread you, you will break said thread as I push up the needle.
- If the thread does not break, you will disgorge your bobbin.
- Should I be so fortunate as to get a piece of cloth into you, you will blow a fuse.
- Having replaced the fuse, you will stitch beautifully for one half of a garment and then your thread will run out.
- You will sulk ferociously while I rewind thread onto your no-longer extractable bobbin.
- You will make me go through this whole process again.
- And again.
- You are not my sewing machine. I cannot, therefore, take a hammer to you.
Tuesday, 10 January 2012
Sewing machine ... how do I hate thee?
Let me count the ways.