Saturday 17 March 2012

Awardage

The wonderfully named Armchair Squid has passed an award on to me.  I'm very honoured.



Naturally there are provisos to the accepting of such awards, which are the following:

Here are the instructions for the lucky recipients:

1. Nominate 15 fellow bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.

2. In the same post, add the Versatile Blogger Award.

3. In the same post, thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link back to their blog.

4. In the same post, share 7 completely random pieces of information about yourself.

5. In the same post, include this set of rules.

6. Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs.




Points 2, 3 and 5 are now covered.  Now for the rest of it.

I am aware that some of those listed below may already be lucky recipients.  If so, accept both my apologies and the admiration that getting another nomination implies.

The DM's Screen   
The Book Scorpion's Lair
Bladesharp
Midlife Farmwife
Exclamation Point (!)
The Dungeon Dozen
Scribbles From Jenn
The Semi-Retired Gamer
From the Sorcerer's Skull
Quickly, Quietly, Carefully
Based on the Books
Pearson Report

There should be another three on this list, but I've discovered something worrying - my reading list is dissolving.  I know for certain there were many more and they have gone.  I know not where.  I mistrust Google at the moment.  It's doing strange stuff.

Seven random factoids
  • I met my husband in Budleigh Salterton.  I was carrying a tray of sausage rolls at the time and walked into a window frame.  He rescued the sausage rolls, decided I was someone he should avoid, and proposed a week later.
  • I am accident prone.  I don't usually break anything, but rare is the week I manage to avoid some kind of bruise or abrasion I can't account for.
  • I spent a lot of my childhood traveling.  One of my earliest memories is looking up at the underside of an airport table and being fascinated by the many colours of left over gum stuck there.
  • I do not do ironing. 
  • I am a very fast reader.
  • I hate having my feet touched.
  • I know many recipes for things to do with beetroots and still can't stand the things.

5 comments:

  1. Thank 'e kindly, ma'am *doffs cap*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda - I am so excited to be receiving the Versatile Blogger award from you - thank you very much.

    I will do a post with seven random things about me shortly. Your first one made me laugh - I imagine that would make quite the post - have you done one on it?

    Cheers,

    Jenny @ Pearson Report
    Co-Host of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I haven't, but that's a good idea :) I'll use it in the A-Z. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Thank you very nominating me, I'm honoured :) I won't play, though, most of the blogs I read have already received that award... The story of how you met your husband is hilarious. The first date Mr Bookscorpion took me on was a Russian submarine (a museum ship) and I loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had somewhat the same problem :) Love Mr Bookscorpion's notion of a first date. It would have appealed to me too.

      Delete