Wednesday 15 February 2012

Overheard

Sitting downstairs putting the finishing touches to a madman's mask, I was roused from wondering where to put the eyeholes by what sounded like a massacre going on upstairs.

That level of bellowing usually means one or more of the following:
(a) the cat has caught a mouse and somehow managed to drop it.
(b) a major domestic tragedy has occurred - such as lost clothing.
(c) an appliance has broken.
or
(d) the toilet paper fairies have failed in their duties.

Mask in hand, I pounded up the stairs to see what was going on.

"You could just be a bit sympathetic - I have NO MANA."
"But you have a ton of dudes."
"But I can't buff them."
"So, I have mana and no monsters."
"OK, let's try again."

Suddenly I remembered.  Husband and son have been playing an ongoing Magic the Gathering duel online for days.  Dwelling in the depths with the sewing machine, I'd missed most of this.

The sweet irony is that although they're playing online, they are one room apart and yell at each other through the walls.  Hence the kerfuffle.

No comments:

Post a Comment